Saturday, 19 May 2012

Heart of Midlothian 5 - Hibernian 1...bit of a red letter day

hearts hibs cup final fan
The last time both Edinburgh football teams, Heart of Midlothian and Hibernian met in a Scottish Cup Final was 1896, today that "once in a lifetime" (if your lucky!) clash happened again. Although I was not at the actual game, like the rest of the city, I had to watch the game, and preferably in a packed pub with many others...mission accomplished.
I'm a closet Hearts supporter, but a lot of my closest friends are season ticket holders, attending all the games, and were at Hampden for the match.

Hearts won today, 5-1.
I took a lot of photos this afternoon, but wanted to get this one up first, as I felt it summed up the afternoon, and the euphoria at the final result. I was snapping away capturing some of the post match scenes of the TV screen, with the crowd in the stadium celebrating (I know, daft...I'd had a few beers), and this guy in front of me stuck his hand up with his iPhone, trying to do the same. I only realised when I got home, and was reviewing the photos from my SD card...I like this image.

I'll post some more once I get round to reviewing the rest of the images, I have tomorrow to sort out first, when the Hearts team will parade through the city on an open top bus, more photos no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...